Once upon a time, Barrett faced adulthood without a single positive male role model in his life. When he got to know (and be known) by Reid and Nick, the trajectory of his life changed.
Are you ready to build something new? Join us to find out what his Life Launch volunteers learned about themselves while they were getting to know Barrett.
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church,
Christian Life Center
222 NW 15th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73103
RSVP to reserve your seat and lunch
Will you support us by hosting a table of your invited guests?
- The responsibilities are simple (invite 7 friends).
- The price is reasonable ($0).
- The experience will be meaningful. You’ll hear from the people we serve, learn about Stand in the Gap’s mission to orphans, widows, and prisoners, and have the opportunity to “build something new”.
Individual tickets are also available.
What you need to know…
It’s been a long two years. Are you ready to DO something? Let’s take action. Let’s Build Something New.
In the past, these events have been crucial to the growth of Stand in the Gap. We have missed being together for the last two years! In May 2022, you can help demonstrate one of the core values of Stand in the Gap, the power of community.
By sharing our stories and mission with the people in your circle of influence (as a table host), you are connecting people in need with people who care and creating a legacy of hope that will impact generations. By celebrating these stories as a guest, you are opening yourself to the opportunity to build something new!
Our primary goal is to facilitate the growing impact of Stand in the Gap by introducing ourselves to new people. We hope the results of these introductions will be:
- New Volunteers. We can’t do this work without volunteers who invest in the lives of the people we serve. We know you know these people. Will you help us get to know them too?
- Raising Funds. As you know, we have to raise money to accomplish our mission. Funds will be used to serve more orphans, widows, and prisoners and to support our volunteers through training and communication.
When: Thursday, May 12 @ 11:30
Where: St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, Christian Life Center (222 NW 15th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73103)
Duration: 1.5 hours
Boxed lunch will be served with a vegetarian option available for those who need it.
Register as a table host or guest using the web form above.
Before the Event
- Sign up. Our staff and event committee will follow up with support and guidance for next steps, including a zoom training on March 29 from 5:30-6:00 PM. Table hosts should have received the zoom link with their thank you gift. If you have not received the zoom link, contact Melissa Phenicie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invite your guests.
- Register your guests using the web form above (or send your guests the link to this page and ask them to register themselves).
- Follow up in a timely manner to make sure your guests have all the information they need to be excited to attend.
Day of Event
- Arrive a little early to find your assigned table and welcome your guests.
- When prompted, give your table a short explanation of your connection to Stand in the Gap and why you’ve chosen to support us in this way.
- Collect any response cards and return to Stand in the Gap.
Questions? Click to contact Melissa Phenicie on our Event Committee by email.